I am Chris – DivineTourDesigner and certified tourist guide
Hi, I am Christiaan, an art and history lover born and raised in Rome to an Italian father and a Dutch mother. I have studied History of Art here in the Eternal City and then specialized in Religious Art at the Vatican. I am an official licensed tour guide thrilled to show the beauties of my hometown to the lucky visitors. If you are reading this, it means you booked your ticket to come to Italy. Good for you, you will love it!
* Post-Lauream degree in “Cultural Heritage of the Church” (Pontifical Gregorian University)
* M.A. Degree in “History of Art” (University RomaTre)
* B.A. Honours Degree in “History and Conservation of Artistic Heritage” (University RomaTre)
* Tour Guide, Tour Designer, Tour Manager
Personal and group tours of Rome, surroundings and the other major cities of Italy.
Organising exhibitions, performing research work and writing art-related essays.
Italian. English. Spanish. Dutch.
- University RomaTre
Graduated cum laude 110/110
Dissertation: “360 Flemish painters in Rome between 1590 and 1630 – a census”
- Official Tour Guide license issued by the Regional Administration of Rome (nr. 4545)
Join the Soul Finding Tour
It was the rivalry between two men that transformed Rome into the most beautiful and modern city of 17th century Europe: Gianlorenzo Bernini and Francesco Borromini, the two most important artists of their time in Rome, really hated each other. On our Soul Finding Tour we tell you their story and show you the divine art their enmity created. While walking through Baroque Rome you learn why a lost soul never finds lasting peace.